Vice President – Internal Audit & Control :
Responsible for ensuring that all business risks are anticipated, recognized and appropriately managed before they can adversely affect the company.
Key Result Areas :
- Review business process and financial practices enterprise-wide to ensure compliance with best practices, procedural efficiency, accuracy and compliance to regulatory standards.
- Detailed planning of internal audit schedules and departmental audits and delivery of annual internal audit plan.
- Conduct group-wide internal audits on the processes and controls across finance and operations ensuring that risk and process design and implementation are assessed in addition to operating effectiveness.
- Interaction with Dubai government auditors (FAA) and preparation of the recommended course of action to address any agreed findings.
Key Performance Indicators :
- Ensure business risk is mitigated and the necessary controls are in place.
- Effective relationships with external parties as required.
Skills & Experience :
- Qualified accountant with 5+ years’ experience within an audit function.
- Knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP, and ICOFR are preferable.
- Experience of working with large complex companies, and proven ability to interpret business needs.