Vice President and Legal Counsel :-
The VP & Legal Counsel will report to the General Counsel & SVP.
Primary responsibilities will be to be to deliver in-house legal advice, management, guidance and support to the Company in the negotiation, execution and administration of aircraft acquisitions and sales, aircraft operating leases, and associated finance transactions.
Key Result Areas :
• Manage, negotiate, and direct Company’s sales, leasing and financing transactions, from the review of initial letters of intent through the negotiation and execution of definitive transaction documentation, and then to final funding and aircraft delivery.
• Identify and resolve legal issues in the context of the overall commercial objectives of the Company, including active management of contract compliance issues, lease default management, lease restructurings, aircraft repossessions and associated litigation and bankruptcy matters.
• Collaborate within the Legal team and cross- departmentally in support of Company’s worldwide sales, trading, technical and financing activities. Manage transaction “deal teams” to meet the objectives set by the General Counsel & SVP and Chief Legal Officer.
• Travel whenever necessary within the MEASA region.
• Management and administration of Legal information management systems and processes
Key Performance Indicators :
• Timely and proper support, direction, assistance, and collaboration within the Legal team and cross-departmentally on transaction “deal teams” in the execution and accomplishment of aircraft lease and finance transactions.
• Identification and resolution of legal and commercial issues, and clear communication of the same to the Legal team, and cross- departmentally.
Skills and Experience :
• Law degree, with accreditation and license to practice in the US, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada or South Africa.
• Minimum 5-7 years relevant aviation leasing and finance experience with a law firm with an industry recognized aviation leasing and finance practice or strong in-house experience with an aircraft leasing company.
Role location: Dubai/Dublin